- Food Forest Art in the Park Event Aug 13
- Bocce in the Park
- Women’s Group Event
Chaired by S. Larocque
It is acknowledged that we meet on traditional land of the Snunymuxw First Nation
- FINANCIAL:General Account – $2,603.75
Picnic Account – 1,123.29
- FOOD FOREST – ART IN THE PARK AUG 13: The Food Forest is being used as intended, though neighbours have noted some noise concerns. The official name of the Forest was determined after input from the Community at the Miner`s Picnic to be The Livingston Food Forest. Signage will be displayed in English and Hulqminum.
An Art Day will be held at the site on Aug. 13 from 12-4pm to create paintings to decorate the area. The event is hosted by MYCDC, NAC, and members of the art community. The SECA Teawagon will be present and stocked with hot dogs, buns, etc. Popcorn machine will be present also. Volunteers are requested for food prep and service. Please contact Larissa at MYCDC if you can help. Signage for the Livingston Food Forest will be displayed in English and Hulqminum.
- BOCCE IN THE PARK: A successful Bocce game was held at the park on Sunday, July 31. Pancakes were served, and approx. 12 individuals participated.
- TEAWAGON: Completion of decoration on the Teawagon needs to be done.
- BLOG: We need a volunteer to post General Meeting Minutes and community information as needed to our Blog. One member has indicated they may possibly be able to do it, but encourages another to step up as their schedule may not allow consistent attention to the task. If you can help with this, please contact a Board Member.
- WOMEN’S GROUP EVENT: On Saturday Aug. 6, at Maffeo Sutton Park, Women for Peace and Freedom are holding a Memorial on the Anniversary of the destruction of Hiroshima by Atomic bomb. “Never Again” Atom Bomb. The Memorial will conclude at 8pm. with the release of Lanterns in memory of thevictims.